August 22, 2013

When All Hope Was Gone…a Husband Loves His Wife Back

If we listen to the culture, we could feel pretty hopeless about marriage. But those of us who are Christ followers, have HOPE – as the Johnson’s shared in my last blog. Allow me to share one more hope story…this time from a husband who had thrown his marriage away by failing to deal with his sin.
As a result of my abusive past 40 years ago with a myriad of issues I had never faced, I had become verbally abusive to a degree I had never been. God led me to heart-rending repentance and I experienced a healing of my heart in a way I had never experienced in my 30 + years as a "professing" Christian.  
But my marriage had failed. My wife had left me and candidly, she no longer had emotional feelings for me - and rightly so. We have lived apart since.  
Despite where I was and where we were, you challenged me to AGAPE my wife. As a result of this and God's miracles, this next weekend my wife and I are going away on a second honeymoon. I cannot accurately put into words the gratitude.  
I did not finish your book. Once I got to the section for wives (when we men can listen in), I stopped - for my focus has shifted to how I can serve my wife, not how I can grouse about how she is not serving me.  
God is still in the business of healing the broken hearted IF we are willing to participate in the process. God saved our marriage, and it is solidly based on the Rock and on the twin pillars of love & respect. (Anonymous) 

What sin are you holding onto in your life? Without a doubt, the enemy will attempt to use unresolved sin to destroy your marriage. Sin never brings us the satisfaction we are longing for. Deal with it today – and find real satisfaction through repentance and reconciliation! 

~ Emerson 

“If we say that we have no sin, 
we are deceiving ourselves 
and the truth is not in us. 
 If we confess our sins, 
He is faithful and righteous 
to forgive us our sins 
and to cleanse us 
from all unrighteousness.” 
~1 John 1:8, 9 NASB 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lovethis. my wife and i arefacing marital problems please pray for us

Unknown said...

That's quite a very touching story, Emerson. Frankly speaking, when someone leaves, it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. It is just knowing the real meaning of love. And we must remember that what makes a perfect marriage is the trials that a couple overcomes.

KenosisCenter.com

Unknown said...

This is a great story. It is similar to what I am experiencing in my marriage except my wife has not left physically just emotionally. I am trying to do what this husband did but I struggle with consistency. Please pray for me to man up on a consistent basis and love my wife.

Thanks,
David, Dallas Tx

Blog Archive